New one for the record books
MY sincere thanks for doing so much to promote our event in the weeks leading up to our big day.We did create a world record of 165 people in fancy dress and I have the certificate to hang in Sophie's room.
MY sincere thanks for doing so much to promote our event in the weeks leading up to our big day.
We did create a world record of 165 people in fancy dress and I have the certificate to hang in Sophie's room.
It's also on the Record Holders Republic website as a new record, so we are delighted.
But sadly there was nothing that any of us could do to control the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy rain and strong winds lasted until 1pm and meant many of those registered didn't come and new registrations on the day were down to single figures.
It didn't do much good for the fete either with more than two hours lost trading, very sad when so much work had gone on before the day.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
However, on a positive note, all those that were there for the walk and world record had again made such an effort with costumes; as can be seen from the pictures.
The weather didn't dampen their spirits.
Among the winners in the best dressed competition were the Scooby Doo Gang from Roses Fruit Fayre, Southwold; Susan Wright and the Peter Pan Group and a little girl dressed as a mermaid.