New president unveiled for the Rotary Club of Lowestoft East Point
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Lowestoft East Point recently enjoyed their annual handover meeting.
Incoming president, Paul Tabiner, had arranged an evening with a Lancashire theme in homage to the county of his birth.
Traditional Lancashire fayre was on the menu at the Hotel Victoria in Lowestoft along with entertainment reflecting the wit of the north west.
Club members were also joined by representatives of the Rotary Clubs of Beccles, Lowestoft, Rotary E Club and Gorleston including the District Governor Elect, Robert Lovick.
It was an evening to remember for Robert's wife, Roberta Lovick who was presented with a Paul Harris Fellowship award. This prestigious award, established in 1957, is presented to Rotarians and others in recognition of outstanding service to their community.
You may also want to watch:
Roberta and her team were instrumental in raising £1.5m to build the Louise Hamilton Centre for Palliative Care located in the grounds of the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, which opened in 2013.
The centre is named after Roberta's daughter who died of cancer in 1998 aged just 28, two years after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
Roberta continues to campaign for better support for family and friends in end of life care and is richly deserving of this accolade.
The evening concluded with dancing to the sounds of Leon.