New principal search launched
THE search to find a principal to lead Lowestoft's new sixth form college is under way.Work to build the �28m centre next to the existing Lowestoft College has not yet started, but a bid to find the right person to be at the head of the project is under way.
THE search to find a principal to lead Lowestoft's new sixth form college is under way.
Work to build the �28m centre next to the existing Lowestoft College has not yet started, but a bid to find the right person to be at the head of the project is under way.
The role of principal designate is now being advertised, attracting a salary of �85,000, and calls for a person 'who believes passionately in providing excellent learning opportunities for young people.'
The sixth form college, off St Peter's Street, will eventually house about 1,000 students and replace the sixth forms at the town's three high schools.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was granted planning permission earlier this year and is due to welcome its first students in September next year as part of Suffolk County Council's shake-up of education in the town which will see a two-tier school system introduced.
Applications for the role of principal designate are open until later this month, but a position as interim principal, to start in April this year and work for the next sixth months, is also being advertised.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft