New process for bus pass renewals
A NEW process for bus pass renewals has been introduced in Waveney.Waveney District Council will now contact those customers whose concessionary bus passes are due to expire on March 31 2010 to ascertain whether they wish to renew their passes.
A NEW process for bus pass renewals has been introduced in Waveney.
Waveney District Council will now contact those customers whose concessionary bus passes are due to expire on March 31 2010 to ascertain whether they wish to renew their passes.
The council said that it would allow the customer service team to explain what will happen and make the renewal process easier.
Customers have also been offered the opportunity to change their details and update the photo on their card.
You may also want to watch:
Those customers the council has been unable to contact by telephone will now be sent a letter. If your concessionary pass is due to expire on March 31 and you have not received a telephone call or a letter from the council, please telephone 01502 562111 and staff will check your details and ensure that your renewal is made.
The call centre is open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Wednesday, 8.30am to 6pm on Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
You do not have to come in to see the council about your renewal, but if you wish to, the Marina Customer Service Centre (next to the Marina Theatre) at Marina, Lowestoft, is open 9am to 4.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and 9.30am to 6pm on Thursday, and the council's local offices in Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth and the Tourist Information Centre in Southwold will also be able to provide assistance.
If your pass expires in 2011 or 2012, there is no need to contact the council at this time.
If you have lost your bus pass, there will now be a charge of �7.50 for the provision of a replacement. However, if your pass has been stolen, there will be no charge on the production of a crime number.
You may order a replacement by phone by calling 01502 562111 and make your payment at the same time.
Waveney District Council will no longer be issuing senior citizen railcards and customers requiring a railcard can obtain them from a manned ticket office, such as Lowestoft railway station.