New relief road concerns
I HAVE lived in Groveside Park, Carlton Colville, for 21 years, and since the inception of the new relief road serious concerns have arisen.Ribblesdale Road is used as a rat run, and a fast one for that, for people coming from the Beccles area giving them a quicker access to the roundabout at busy times.
I HAVE lived in Groveside Park, Carlton Colville, for 21 years, and since the inception of the new relief road serious concerns have arisen.
Ribblesdale Road is used as a rat run, and a fast one for that, for people coming from the Beccles area giving them a quicker access to the roundabout at busy times. The excess speed of some vehicles has to be seen and heard to be believed. It is not only the speed factor but illegal exhaust noises, especially motor cycles.
I have nearly been hit three times whilst crossing at the pedestrian crossings with my cycle by motorists ignoring or not seeing the red lights. These are individuals, who for one reason or another, are in too much of a hurry to observe the stop lights. The approach to the roundabout from Bloodmoor Road is at times suicidal due to motorists entering at speeds far in excess of the limits. Many accidents have occurred on the roundabout since it was built but I am positive that the official statistics are not in line with the actual accidents that have happened, several of which I have seen personally.
At weekends the areas of Ribblesdale, Bloodmoor Road, Stradbroke Road, Long Road and Tom Crisp Way are used as racetracks for cars and motorcycles.
You may also want to watch:
Unless action is taken soon a fatality will occur as the situation worsens day by day. Bloodmoor Road leading towards Kessingland is an open invitation for fast drivers to drive at more than 70mph.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk