Seafront hotel launches new fish and chip restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A popular seaside hotel has launched its very own fish and chips restaurant.
Hatfield Hotel, situated on Lowestoft seafront off The Esplanade, has opened its LT1 restaurant specialising in 'Fish, Chips and More'.
The new eatery has been teasing prospective customers for weeks by posting photos of food and glimpses of the interior on social media, and now the doors have officially been opened.
As the sun shone on the Suffolk coast yesterday, the restaurant's first punters made the most of majestic sea views while enjoying a welcome bite to eat.
LT1 is a reference to the heyday of Lowestoft's once roaring fishing industry, a time when hundreds of vessels marked with 'LT' and a unique number would constantly sail in and out of port.
You may also want to watch:
Still to this day, trawlers and drifters are marked with their own distinctive registration numbers and Hatfield Hotel has decided to celebrate this important aspect of the town's heritage.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk