New role for Choose Suffolk boss
CELIA Hodson, chief executive of the Choose Suffolk development partnership, is to take up a nine-month secondment as project director at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub, based within the James Hehir Building at University Campus Suffolk.
She will be working with the enterprise hub project board to oversee the establishment of an enterprise hub for the East of England.
It will provide a central focus for enterprise learning that capitalises on the region's strengths in such areas as research and development while aiming to broaden the area's economic base, particularly in support of new sectors.
The new hub will also seek to overcome the twin challenges of youth unemployment and low skills while stimulating and supporting new business start-ups in the region.
Ms Hodson said: 'It's with a mixture of real sadness and excitement that I take up this new role. I'm sad to be leaving Choose Suffolk at an exciting time in the organisation's history, but looking forward to embracing the exciting challenges that lie ahead at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hodson will remain on the board of directors at Choose Suffolk during her secondment at the Eastern Enterprise Hub.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft