New role for Choose Suffolk boss
CELIA Hodson, chief executive of the Choose Suffolk development partnership, is to take up a nine-month secondment as project director at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub, based within the James Hehir Building at University Campus Suffolk.
She will be working with the enterprise hub project board to oversee the establishment of an enterprise hub for the East of England.
It will provide a central focus for enterprise learning that capitalises on the region's strengths in such areas as research and development while aiming to broaden the area's economic base, particularly in support of new sectors.
The new hub will also seek to overcome the twin challenges of youth unemployment and low skills while stimulating and supporting new business start-ups in the region.
Ms Hodson said: 'It's with a mixture of real sadness and excitement that I take up this new role. I'm sad to be leaving Choose Suffolk at an exciting time in the organisation's history, but looking forward to embracing the exciting challenges that lie ahead at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hodson will remain on the board of directors at Choose Suffolk during her secondment at the Eastern Enterprise Hub.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?