New sports kit for Meadow Primary School in Lowestoft
SMART NEW KIT: Sporty youngsters at a Lowestoft primary school are now cutting a dash on the athletics tracks and playing fields of north Suffolk.
Teams representing Meadow Primary School will all be kitted out in brand-new sports outfits, thanks to sponsorship from the Lowestoft self-storage business Need 2 Store.
David Clarke, headteacher at the school in Enstone Road, was 'delighted' with the kit.
He said: 'We had a child model the new kit to the rest of the school during an assembly and you could see that all the youngsters were excited knowing they may wear them and represent the school.
'Our old kit was very tired, and this strip looks very professional. We have several events and matches coming up over the next few weeks when it will be worn for the first time.'
You may also want to watch:
Need 2 Store, which provides long and short-term storage, is based on the south Lowestoft industrial estate.
Chris Arlow, director of Need 2 Store, said the firm was 'happy to be involved in the local community' by sponsoring the school's kit, having previously sponsored the mascot race at the Lowestoft Carnival funday. He said: 'I would like to offer my best wishes and good luck to the Meadow teams that use the sports kit over the next few years.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
Mr Clarke added: 'Mr Arlow is a very, very dedicated parent who has got children at the school, and we're grateful for this sponsorship.'