New venture for couple as store opens
PEOPLE in Corton now have a new place to buy their Journal or pick up their groceries, after a new shop opened its doors.The Corton Village Stores opened on Friday, and its owners are hoping to attract custom from locals and holiday visitors.
PEOPLE in Corton now have a new place to buy their Journal or pick up their groceries, after a new shop opened its doors.
The Corton Village Stores opened on Friday, and its owners are hoping to attract custom from locals and holiday visitors.
Providing a friendly face behind the counter will be the shop's co-owner Sarah Willis, who set up the business with her partner Chris O'Dwyer. The couple, who live in the village, will be helped out by their 16-year-old son Josh.
'It's great to finally be open after all the hard work,' Sarah said. 'Local people have been very supportive and the first few customers we've had in have all said how pleased they are that we're here. Hopefully they'll keep coming in.'
You may also want to watch:
The store, on The Street, is just inside the Waterside Holiday Park, and will be a grocer's, newsagent and off-licence.
The building housing the shop used to serve as a reception area for the holiday park, but Sarah and Chris have made some internal alterations to adapt it to their needs, as well as spending many hours painting and decorating.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 4 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 7 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 8 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 9 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
'It's a completely new venture for us,' Sarah said. 'Previously I was in insurance, while Chris has his own business doing windows and conservatories.
'He'll still be busy doing that much of the time so I'll probably be the open who's busy here - though I will have help from Josh.'
Corton Village Stores will be open 7.30am-7pm seven days a week. To contact the store, ring 01502 730650.