New youth cafe in Lowestoft?
A NEW place for Lowestoft's young people to hang out could be unveiled soon.A project to create a youth caf� has been put forward as one of five schemes across Suffolk.
A NEW place for Lowestoft's young people to hang out could be unveiled soon.
A project to create a youth caf� has been put forward as one of five schemes across Suffolk.
After speaking to youngsters in the town, PCSO Ailsa McNamara has submitted a bid for funding through the criminal justice service and Community Cash Back.
She said: 'I was speaking to a lot of young people on the streets of Lowestoft and they were saying they had nothing to do.
You may also want to watch:
'So, asking them what they'd like to see, they wanted some-where similar to an adult environment where they could all meet up,'
The Community Cash Back Scheme aims to funnel proceeds of crime back into local communities.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
The aim of the Lowestoft scheme is to move into the old Zest caf� area of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South.
PCSO McNamara this week called on people to support to the project.
She said: 'If we do get the go-ahead, hopefully the project will be up-and-running in January 2010, and the funding will be for a year if all goes well.'
If you would like to vote to see the youth caf� set up, visit www.cashback.cjsonline.gov.uk and go to number 34 of the Suffolk link, then to the Have Your Say section.