NHS building reopens after flooding
Hayley MaceAn NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.Hayley Mace
An NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.
Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.
Staff returned to work as usual this morning as rainwater had drained from the roads around the town, some of which had been under one foot of water at the height of the deluge at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for NHS Yarmouth and Waveney said: 'Everything has reopened, it is business as usual here. We have business continuity plans in place for this kind of eventuality and they worked as we would expect them to and all the staff worked very hard.
You may also want to watch:
'There was some minor damage caused by water coming through the roof above one of our meeting rooms, which has now been fixed.'
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went