NHS building reopens after flooding
Hayley MaceAn NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.Hayley Mace
An NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.
Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.
Staff returned to work as usual this morning as rainwater had drained from the roads around the town, some of which had been under one foot of water at the height of the deluge at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for NHS Yarmouth and Waveney said: 'Everything has reopened, it is business as usual here. We have business continuity plans in place for this kind of eventuality and they worked as we would expect them to and all the staff worked very hard.
You may also want to watch:
'There was some minor damage caused by water coming through the roof above one of our meeting rooms, which has now been fixed.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 6 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 10 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving