NHS building reopens after flooding
Hayley MaceAn NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.Hayley Mace
An NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.
Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.
Staff returned to work as usual this morning as rainwater had drained from the roads around the town, some of which had been under one foot of water at the height of the deluge at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for NHS Yarmouth and Waveney said: 'Everything has reopened, it is business as usual here. We have business continuity plans in place for this kind of eventuality and they worked as we would expect them to and all the staff worked very hard.
'There was some minor damage caused by water coming through the roof above one of our meeting rooms, which has now been fixed.'
- 1 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 2 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 6 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?