NHS building reopens after flooding
Hayley MaceAn NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.Hayley Mace
An NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.
Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.
Staff returned to work as usual this morning as rainwater had drained from the roads around the town, some of which had been under one foot of water at the height of the deluge at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for NHS Yarmouth and Waveney said: 'Everything has reopened, it is business as usual here. We have business continuity plans in place for this kind of eventuality and they worked as we would expect them to and all the staff worked very hard.
You may also want to watch:
'There was some minor damage caused by water coming through the roof above one of our meeting rooms, which has now been fixed.'
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 5 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 10 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns