NHS building reopens after flooding
Hayley MaceAn NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.Hayley Mace
An NHS headquarters building has reopened after it was closed yesterday because of flooding.
Torrential downpours caused chaos in Beccles yesterday and staff had to leave the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarters in Common Lane North in the afternoon.
Staff returned to work as usual this morning as rainwater had drained from the roads around the town, some of which had been under one foot of water at the height of the deluge at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for NHS Yarmouth and Waveney said: 'Everything has reopened, it is business as usual here. We have business continuity plans in place for this kind of eventuality and they worked as we would expect them to and all the staff worked very hard.
You may also want to watch:
'There was some minor damage caused by water coming through the roof above one of our meeting rooms, which has now been fixed.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft