Search

No further action against rape suspect

PUBLISHED: 10:45 03 September 2010 | UPDATED: 09:50 16 September 2010

NO further action will be taken against a 19-year-old Essex man arrested following a second allegation of rape at Latitude music festival, which was held near Southwold, police have said.

NO further action will be taken against a 19-year-old Essex man arrested following a second allegation of rape at Latitude music festival, which was held near Southwold, police have said.

His arrest came after a 17-year-old girl from Suffolk reported she had been attacked on Saturday, July 17.

Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “After a full investigation into the circumstances of the incident, the 19-year-old man will face no further action.”

However police are renewing appeals for information about the first alleged rape on a 19-year-old woman, which happened at the festival late on July 15.

If you can help, please telephone police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists