Nobody knows why one of Suffolk’s busiest bridges closed last night
- Credit: Archant
An overnight closure of one of Suffolk's busiest bridges is shrouded in mystery after both the operator and the owner denied knowing why it was closed.
The Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft shut overnight on Monday night and Tuesday morning between 8pm and 6am.
However, neither Highways England, who own the bridge, nor Associated British Ports, who operate the bridge, said they knew why the bridge was closed.
A spokesman from Highways England said they were unaware of the closure or any late notice roadworks.
However a spokesman for Associated British Ports stated they were aware of the closure but that Highways England put up the signage and therefore could not provide any further information as to why the decision was taken to shut the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Do you know why the Bascule Bridge closed last night or were you affected by the last minute closure? Email email@example.com.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members