North Suffolk house fire rescue drama
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.
The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.30pm this morning (Friday).
Crews from Bungay and Beccles arrived to find a bedroom in the bungalow well alight and called for additional support from firefighters across the border in Harleston, Norfolk.
A person was reportedly still in the building and firefighters using breathing gear were able to get inside and guide them to safety. Once a safe distance from the fire, they were given oxygen while crews continued to fight the flames.
By 4.16am the fire had been fully extinguished.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 3 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 4 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 5 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 6 'A fantastic accolade': Top award honour for community staff nurse
- 7 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 8 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 9 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 10 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park