North Suffolk house fire rescue drama
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.
The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.30pm this morning (Friday).
Crews from Bungay and Beccles arrived to find a bedroom in the bungalow well alight and called for additional support from firefighters across the border in Harleston, Norfolk.
A person was reportedly still in the building and firefighters using breathing gear were able to get inside and guide them to safety. Once a safe distance from the fire, they were given oxygen while crews continued to fight the flames.
You may also want to watch:
By 4.16am the fire had been fully extinguished.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings