North Suffolk house fire rescue drama
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.
The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.30pm this morning (Friday).
Crews from Bungay and Beccles arrived to find a bedroom in the bungalow well alight and called for additional support from firefighters across the border in Harleston, Norfolk.
A person was reportedly still in the building and firefighters using breathing gear were able to get inside and guide them to safety. Once a safe distance from the fire, they were given oxygen while crews continued to fight the flames.
You may also want to watch:
By 4.16am the fire had been fully extinguished.
- 1 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 2 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 3 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 4 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 Man dies following collision on A12
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist