North Suffolk house fire rescue drama
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued the occupant of a bungalow in Suffolk after fire broke out in a bedroom.
The fire service was called to the property in Honey Pot Meadow, Bungay, shortly after 3.30pm this morning (Friday).
Crews from Bungay and Beccles arrived to find a bedroom in the bungalow well alight and called for additional support from firefighters across the border in Harleston, Norfolk.
A person was reportedly still in the building and firefighters using breathing gear were able to get inside and guide them to safety. Once a safe distance from the fire, they were given oxygen while crews continued to fight the flames.
You may also want to watch:
By 4.16am the fire had been fully extinguished.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault