Nun the wiser after mysterious discovery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It is not every day that your husband goes off to make a cup of tea and a nun suddenly appears on your sofa.
But this is the intriguing story told by 77-year old Dot Ridley from Oulton Broad, who took a glance over to her well-used chair and described her shock at seeing a nun looking back at her.
Mrs Ridley, whose husband Tony, 78 had just left the room to put the kettle on, described how 'she happened to look over' and was astounded to see 'a nun sitting on the sofa'.
'I couldn't believe what I had seen,' said Mrs Ridley, who quickly reached for her phone to take photographic evidence of her experience.
'I shouted for my husband to come and have a look- it wasn't a reflection- it was made by the creases where Tony had been sitting.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ridley, who moved to her home in 2000, also described how in her view the nun looked 'serene' and 'very peaceful'.
'I text the picture to my daughter and I have had a few mixed reactions. Some people have said it is eerie and won't be sitting there again,' Mrs Ridley added.
- 1 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 2 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
- 3 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 4 Tripadvisor names three Norfolk and Suffolk restaurants among best in UK
- 5 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 6 Beach clean and litter pick attracts fine turnout
- 7 'Lone wolf' sentenced after business caught selling fake designer goods
- 8 Neighbours hear 'bang' after racing bike is stolen from shed
- 9 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 10 Poor coastal health 'overlooked' by government, says Chris Whitty