Nun the wiser after mysterious discovery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It is not every day that your husband goes off to make a cup of tea and a nun suddenly appears on your sofa.
But this is the intriguing story told by 77-year old Dot Ridley from Oulton Broad, who took a glance over to her well-used chair and described her shock at seeing a nun looking back at her.
Mrs Ridley, whose husband Tony, 78 had just left the room to put the kettle on, described how 'she happened to look over' and was astounded to see 'a nun sitting on the sofa'.
'I couldn't believe what I had seen,' said Mrs Ridley, who quickly reached for her phone to take photographic evidence of her experience.
'I shouted for my husband to come and have a look- it wasn't a reflection- it was made by the creases where Tony had been sitting.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ridley, who moved to her home in 2000, also described how in her view the nun looked 'serene' and 'very peaceful'.
'I text the picture to my daughter and I have had a few mixed reactions. Some people have said it is eerie and won't be sitting there again,' Mrs Ridley added.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days