OAP attacked during alleyway attack
A PENSIONER suffered cuts and bruises after being knocked to the ground and kicked in the head, a court has heard.James Bruce, 67, had become involved in an argument with Jodie Wood and Simon Somerville in an alley in Lowestoft and was punched twice by Somerville, Ipswich Crown Court heard on Monday.
A PENSIONER suffered cuts and bruises after being knocked to the ground and kicked in the head, a court has heard.
James Bruce, 67, had become involved in an argument with Jodie Wood and Simon Somerville in an alley in Lowestoft and was punched twice by Somerville, Ipswich Crown Court heard on Monday.
Mr Bruce fell to the ground and was then kicked by Wood and Somerville. At one stage Mr Bruce heard Wood telling Somerville 'kick his head in', said Azza Brown, prosecuting.
The incident came to an end when a member of the public saw what was going on and Somerville and Wood had run off. Mr Bruce was taken to hospital where he was found to have a swollen and bruised face, cuts to his nose and forehead and pain in his back in the area of his kidneys.
You may also want to watch:
After her arrest, Wood initially claimed that Mr Bruce had been aggressive towards her and said she had been acting in self-defence.
Somerville also claimed that Mr Bruce had started the incident.
- 1 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 2 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 3 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 8 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
Somerville, 23, of Denmark Road, Lowestoft and Wood, 19, of Coppice Court, Lowestoft, both admitted assaulting Mr Bruce causing him actual bodily harm on August 19.
Somerville was jailed for 26 weeks and Wood was sentenced to 29 weeks in a young offenders' institution.
David Pickersgill, for Somerville, said he had been a heroin addict, but had been receiving help and had made good progress.