Offshore powerboat racing to provide spectacular viewing this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Spectacular sights of boats flying down the coast of Suffolk will be on show for seaside visitors over the weekend.
Powerboating will return to the shores of Lowestoft when the Offshore Circuit Racing Drivers Association will be make their debut on the town's shores for their 2018 finale.
Arriving today, at the Royal Green on Marine Parade, the association will kick off two days of offshore racing over the weekend.
Teams fighting for the prestigious title of class champion will race at sea between buoys off the South Pier and to the south of Claremont Pier, with perfect spectator viewing from the seafront beach area, adjacent to the pits.
Launching will be from the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club with the best views from the South Pier as the craft head from the sea to the port.
You may also want to watch:
The two heat event will start on both Saturday and Sunday each day this weekend from 11.30am.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Students surprise care home residents as part of community project
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown