Offshore powerboat racing to provide spectacular viewing this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Spectacular sights of boats flying down the coast of Suffolk will be on show for seaside visitors over the weekend.
Powerboating will return to the shores of Lowestoft when the Offshore Circuit Racing Drivers Association will be make their debut on the town's shores for their 2018 finale.
Arriving today, at the Royal Green on Marine Parade, the association will kick off two days of offshore racing over the weekend.
Teams fighting for the prestigious title of class champion will race at sea between buoys off the South Pier and to the south of Claremont Pier, with perfect spectator viewing from the seafront beach area, adjacent to the pits.
Launching will be from the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club with the best views from the South Pier as the craft head from the sea to the port.
You may also want to watch:
The two heat event will start on both Saturday and Sunday each day this weekend from 11.30am.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death