Offshore wind meets space, defence and oil and gas at technology forum in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Sharing technologies and solutions between the growing offshore wind industry and the space, defence and oil and gas sectors will be the theme of an event in Lowestoft next month.
Lessons learned in the industries to help the developing offshore wind business across the UK will be aired by experts at the event at OrbisEnergy.
Offshore Wind Meets…Space, Defence and Oil and Gas is being held in partnership with Innovate UK, the Knowledge Transfer Network and OrbisEnergy.
The free-to-attend one-day event, on Tuesday December 6, is targeted at innovators, engineers, strategic thinkers and inventors developing solutions for offshore wind to support its development and target of driving down costs.
Expert speakers will offer their unique perspectives on the collaboration potential between these industries.
David Hÿtch, lead technologist for offshore renewable energy at Innovate UK, said the event would provide a forum to share ideas about how cross sector innovation could improve efficiency, cut costs and bring new technology options.
He said: 'This event is the first of its kind. We will be bringing together four very distinct industries and supply chains where we feel there are a range of cross-sector opportunities to drive technical and commercial innovation, supply chain collaboration, and reduce the costs of developing, operating, and maintaining offshore wind projects.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 7 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
Johnathan Reynolds, business development lead for OrbisEnergy, said Offshore Wind Meets…was about driving innovation, research and collaboration between industries.
Funding and investment options to support new ideas, technologies and collaboration will also be explored.
The event will run from 10am to 4.30pm.
? To find out more and book, visit www.orbisenergy.co.uk/events/owmeets