Offshore wind meets space, defence and oil and gas at technology forum in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Sharing technologies and solutions between the growing offshore wind industry and the space, defence and oil and gas sectors will be the theme of an event in Lowestoft next month.
Lessons learned in the industries to help the developing offshore wind business across the UK will be aired by experts at the event at OrbisEnergy.
Offshore Wind Meets…Space, Defence and Oil and Gas is being held in partnership with Innovate UK, the Knowledge Transfer Network and OrbisEnergy.
The free-to-attend one-day event, on Tuesday December 6, is targeted at innovators, engineers, strategic thinkers and inventors developing solutions for offshore wind to support its development and target of driving down costs.
Expert speakers will offer their unique perspectives on the collaboration potential between these industries.
You may also want to watch:
David Hÿtch, lead technologist for offshore renewable energy at Innovate UK, said the event would provide a forum to share ideas about how cross sector innovation could improve efficiency, cut costs and bring new technology options.
He said: 'This event is the first of its kind. We will be bringing together four very distinct industries and supply chains where we feel there are a range of cross-sector opportunities to drive technical and commercial innovation, supply chain collaboration, and reduce the costs of developing, operating, and maintaining offshore wind projects.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Johnathan Reynolds, business development lead for OrbisEnergy, said Offshore Wind Meets…was about driving innovation, research and collaboration between industries.
Funding and investment options to support new ideas, technologies and collaboration will also be explored.
The event will run from 10am to 4.30pm.
? To find out more and book, visit www.orbisenergy.co.uk/events/owmeets