On your marks for half-marathon challenge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Are you ready to hit the startline and take up a half-marathon challenge in aid of charity?
That is the question being posed of people in Lowestoft – as an inaugural event is being organised.
Next month, the Lowestoft half-marathon will hit town, with locals being encouraged to sign up and run 13.1 miles to support vulnerable young people and their families.
With Lowestoft and Norwich based Nicholsons Solicitors launching the half marathon, the UK's most easterly event is being organised in aid of Break.
The Nicholsons Solicitors Lowestoft Half-Marathon is being held on Sunday, October 2, with profits from the event to be donated to Break.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph Long, partner at Nicholsons Solicitors, said: 'We are delighted to be bringing an event such as the half-marathon back to Lowestoft.
'We have been looking for ways to give something back to the local community in which we operate and we're pleased to be able to provide another annual event for the town's calendar – and, of course, to raise money for a noteworthy cause.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
'We look forward to crowning our very first winner on Sunday, October 2.'
Funds raised from this event will support Break's vital work with vulnerable young people. Their vision is to ensure that children, young people and families reach their full potential, and shape their own futures in a safe and creative environment.
Helen Dingle, senior fundraising officer for Break, said: 'We are very grateful to Nicholsons Solicitors for organising this exciting new event.
'It is great to be able to do something in Lowestoft where we have our family assessment centre, supporting four families at a time for 12 weeks while being reviewed by staff.
'Events like this mean that we are able to ensure services like this can continue.'
The half-marathon will take place at Ness Point, starting at 10am on October 2.
? For full details you can sign up at www.break-charity.org/support-us/events/lowestoft-half-marathon/ But please be quick, as places are limited.