One of Europe's finest orchestras to play in Yarmouth
Jon WelchGreat Yarmouth's Edwardian Hippodrome Circus will reverberate again to the sound of one of Europe's finest orchestras in February when the Czech National Symphony Orchestra (CNSO) pays a visit to the town for a concert of classical pieces.Jon Welch
Great Yarmouth's Edwardian Hippodrome Circus will reverberate again to the sound of one of Europe's finest orchestras in February when the Czech National Symphony Orchestra (CNSO) pays a visit to the town for a concert of classical pieces.
The CNSO, which has emerged as one of the Czech Republic's most brilliant orchestras under the baton of its charismatic leader, Libor Pesek, will be performing on Thursday, February 4, as part of the International Concert Series organised by SeaChange Arts.
With a conducting career spanning 50 years, Pesek was chief conductor and music director of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra where he remains conductor laureate.
A champion of lesser-known Czech composers, Pesek will lead a concert which begins with music by a man considered to be the father of Czech opera, Bedrich Smetana.
You may also want to watch:
The series continues in March with a recital by Russian pianist Nikolai Demidenko and concludes in April with the European Union Chamber Orchestra and soloist Freddie Kempf. A subscription offer is available providing tickets for all three concerts for �50.
Tickets for the CNSO concert are priced between �6 and �28 and are available from Theatre Royal Norwich on 01603 630000 or the Hippodrome on 01493 844172. Tickets can be booked online at bookings.yarmouthhippodrome.co.uk
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 4 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 7 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 8 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 9 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12