Ormiston Denes Academy honoured at chamber of commerce awards
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft academy is celebrating further success.
The Ormiston Denes Academy was awarded the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce Enterprise in Education Award at the Ivy House Country Hotel last Friday.
At Ormiston Denes, students benefit from the world of work with all year ten students receiving a valuable week of work experience. Students attend trips such as the Big Bang Fair, the Suffolk Skills Show or visit universities to widen their knowledge of opportunities.
Careers education starts in year seven and the partnership with UEA and University of Suffolk brings Higher Education Champions into school each week to raise pupil aspiration.
In 2017, more than 98 per cent of Ormiston Denes students progressed to further education, training or apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
Careers co-ordinator Carole Budgen said: 'Our students' futures are at the heart of everything we do. We forge close links with employers and education providers, with over 45 providers attending our annual careers fair and regularly coming to school to deliver presentations and workshops to support the curriculum'.
Tony Bown, vice principal at Ormiston Denes, collected the award with Carole Budgen, adding to what has been a memorable year for the academy, who were also highly commended for their Pride in the Community award section.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures