Shape Note Singing Day - As part of their 125th celebration St Mark's Church will be holding a Shape Note Singing Day tomorrow from 9.30am to 4pm. Shape Note singing is a style of music dating back to the country parish music of the early 18th century where shapes were used to make teaching music easier.
Shape Note Singing Day - As part of their 125th celebration St Mark's Church will be holding a Shape Note Singing Day tomorrow from 9.30am to 4pm. Shape Note singing is a style of music dating back to the country parish music of the early 18th century where shapes were used to make teaching music easier. No experience is necessary and you may come for part or all of the day or bring a packed lunch.
St Mark's Church - This Sunday at St Mark's Church, Bridge Road will be holding a service of holy communion at 8am and morning worship at 10.10am with Mark II meeting in the church centre. At 6pm there is the six o'clock service. Midweek services at St Mark's are on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am for morning prayer and holy communion at 9.30am on Wednesday.
St Luke's Church - This Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 9.30am at St Luke's Church in Homefield Avenue.
Parish prayer walk - This Sunday afternoon members of St Mark's and St Luke's will be out and about praying for all the roads and streets in the parish, and for all those who live and work there including shops, businesses, schools, medical centres and meeting places. They invite and welcome people to stop and chat (walkers will carry yellow prayer cards) or to ask us to pray for something in particular. The walk begins at 3pm from St Luke's Church, Homefield Avenue. Come along or alternatively prayer requests may be sent to St Mark's Parish Office, Bridge Road, NR33 9JX, contact 514774 or Jill Hunting 518200.
You may also want to watch:
Signing choir concert - On Sunday, May 17, at 3pm the Lowestoft Signing Choir and Warren School Signing Choir along with Patchwork, will be performing a concert at St Mark's Church. Tickets are �5 each, from Morlings, Park Pharmacy and the parish office.
St Luke's Ladies Guild - Next Thursday, May 14, Mrs Shaw will be telling members of St Luke's Ladies Guild about her cargo boat holiday. The meeting is at 2.15pm and new members are always welcome.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
Evening cruise - An evening cruise on the Waveney Princess is being arranged by St Mark's Church for Saturday, June 6. It will be a two and a half hour cruise with finger buffet, fruit juice or wine, sailing up the River Waveney from Oulton Broad at 6.30pm. Cost is �8.50 and tickets (limited to 60) are available from the church office or Park Pharmacy.