St Luke's Church - Attendances at St Luke's Church in Homefield Avenue have been very good over the last month or so and new lighting and central heating have recently been installed.
St Luke's Church - Attendances at St Luke's Church in Homefield Avenue have been very good over the last month or so and new lighting and central heating have recently been installed. This Sunday there will be a service of morning worship at 9.30am.
St Mark's Church - This Sunday St Mark's Church, Bridge Road will be holding a service of holy communion at 10.10am with Mark II meeting in the church centre. At 5pm members of St Mark's and St Luke's are invited to join in the hospital service at the James Paget. The U:th! Group meet from 7.30 to 9pm at St Mark's. Midweek services at St Mark's are on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am for morning prayer and holy communion at 9.30am on Wednesday.
Craft fair - On Monday there is a craft fair at St Mark's from 10am to 3pm in aid of Hope HIV, supporting African AIDS orphans. Entrance is 50p and as well as craft stalls there will be refreshments and a raffle. Contact 569428 for details. The next craft fair will be on Monday, May 26.
Mothers' Union - Nineteen members attended the April meeting of the Mothers' Union at St Mark's Church Centre. After prayers and notices several members gave short talks on objects that they had brought to show the meeting. Members particularly enjoyed seeing the adverts in an old paper printed in the early 1900s and joining in with one of the songs brought in by one member. The meeting finished with tea and biscuits. Next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 27 at 2.30pm when June Baker will be talking about windmills.
You may also want to watch:
Shape Note singing day - On Saturday, May 9 as part of the 125th celebration of St Mark's Church there will be a Shape Note Singing Day from 9.30 to 4pm. Shape Note singing is a style of music dating back to the country parish music of the early 18th century where shapes were used to make teaching music easier. No experience is necessary and you may come for part of the day or bring a packed lunch.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre