St Mark's Church - On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10.10am the Ten Ten Together service. At 6pm there is the six o'clock service.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10.10am the Ten Ten Together service. At 6pm there is the six o'clock service. Midweek services are holy communion on Wednesday at 9.30am and morning prayer on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am.
In Bloom - There is a coffee morning on Wednesday from 10 to 11.30am at St Mark's Church Centre in aid of In Bloom, with homemade cakes, crafts and bric-a-brac stalls.
Concert - The next in the series of concerts to be held at St Mark's Church will be on Sunday, July 5 at 3pm when four local musicians, Valerie Walker (soprano), Joanne Knight (mezzo-soprano), Nick Allen (tenor) and Alan Zipfel (accompanist) will be performing an exciting mixture of songs. Nick Allen is currently very successfully studying at the Guildhall School of Music, London. Tickets are available from Morlings, the Park Pharmacy and St Mark's Church office on 514774 at a cost of �5.
Teddies day out - Scores of children visited Broadlands residential home last Saturday with their teddies. The children enjoyed themselves as they took part in games, face painting and ate a picnic tea. The adults also had a good time walking round the gardens, purchasing cakes and partaking of strawberry teas. As a result �460 was raised for the residents' amenity fund. Thanks are extended to all who took part and helped in any way. The next big event is the 50s rock and roll night with local band Rollercoaster and dancing in the grounds on Saturday, July 18 from 7.30pm. Tickets are �5 from reception or by phone 512895.
- 1 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 6 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 7 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 9 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed