St Luke's Church - This Sunday there will be a service of morning worship at 9.30am.St Mark's Church -On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 10.
St Luke's Church - This Sunday there will be a service of morning worship at 9.30am.
St Mark's Church -On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 10.10am followed by a picnic in the Vicarage garden. In the afternoon at 3pm there will be a concert featuring four local musicians, Valerie Walker (soprano), Joanne Knight (mezzo-soprano), Nick Allen (tenor) and Alan Zipfel (accompanist) who will be performing a mixture of songs in many differing styles. Tickets are available from Morlings, the Park Pharmacy and St Mark's Church office 514774 �5. Midweek services are morning prayer at 9.30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and holy communion at 9.30am on Wednesday.
Wives' Group - On Monday the group will be going for a walk along the sea front followed by a meal at the Hotel Hatfield. They will be running the cake stall at St Mark's summer fete on July 25 and will be grateful for offers of cakes.
Open house - This Wednesday open house takes place at St Mark's Church Centre from 10 to 11.30am, there will be books, Traidcraft and other stalls plus refreshments.
Mothers' Union - Eighteen members of St Mark's and St Luke's Mothers' Union met at St Mark's for the June meeting. After a short service Josie Boddy welcomed Sonia Mann who gave a talk on Guyana. Mrs Mann went to Guyana with a group of retired teachers to help in the schools and as Guyana's main language is English the teachers were able to assist and advise local teachers. Mrs Boddy reminded members about the trip to Wymondham Abbey on July 11 when the coach should pick up at St Mark's at 9.30am. The next meeting is on July 22 when the speaker will be Joe Fowler.
Half night of prayer - On Friday, July 10 St Mark's Church are holding a half night of prayer when everyone can join in any time between 7pm and 1am to pray for the church, the parish, the community and for one another.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Waveney MP says PM should 'hold up his hands' over No 10 party
Rock 'n' roll - Local group Rollercoaster will be providing the music for a 50s night at Broadlands, Borrow Road on Saturday, July 18 from 7.30pm. Tickets available from Broadlands reception or telephone 512895.