St Luke's Church - This Sunday there will be a service of morning worship at 9.30am.St Mark's Church -On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 10.
St Luke's Church - This Sunday there will be a service of morning worship at 9.30am.
St Mark's Church -On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 10.10am followed by a picnic in the Vicarage garden. In the afternoon at 3pm there will be a concert featuring four local musicians, Valerie Walker (soprano), Joanne Knight (mezzo-soprano), Nick Allen (tenor) and Alan Zipfel (accompanist) who will be performing a mixture of songs in many differing styles. Tickets are available from Morlings, the Park Pharmacy and St Mark's Church office 514774 �5. Midweek services are morning prayer at 9.30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and holy communion at 9.30am on Wednesday.
Wives' Group - On Monday the group will be going for a walk along the sea front followed by a meal at the Hotel Hatfield. They will be running the cake stall at St Mark's summer fete on July 25 and will be grateful for offers of cakes.
Open house - This Wednesday open house takes place at St Mark's Church Centre from 10 to 11.30am, there will be books, Traidcraft and other stalls plus refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Mothers' Union - Eighteen members of St Mark's and St Luke's Mothers' Union met at St Mark's for the June meeting. After a short service Josie Boddy welcomed Sonia Mann who gave a talk on Guyana. Mrs Mann went to Guyana with a group of retired teachers to help in the schools and as Guyana's main language is English the teachers were able to assist and advise local teachers. Mrs Boddy reminded members about the trip to Wymondham Abbey on July 11 when the coach should pick up at St Mark's at 9.30am. The next meeting is on July 22 when the speaker will be Joe Fowler.
Half night of prayer - On Friday, July 10 St Mark's Church are holding a half night of prayer when everyone can join in any time between 7pm and 1am to pray for the church, the parish, the community and for one another.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
Rock 'n' roll - Local group Rollercoaster will be providing the music for a 50s night at Broadlands, Borrow Road on Saturday, July 18 from 7.30pm. Tickets available from Broadlands reception or telephone 512895.