St Mark's Church - This Sunday St Mark's Church, Bridge Road will be holding a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10am there is a Ten Ten Together Holiday Club service.
St Mark's Church - This Sunday St Mark's Church, Bridge Road will be holding a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10am there is a Ten Ten Together Holiday Club service. On Wednesday there is a service of holy communion at 9.30am.
Open House - On Wednesday open house runs from 10 to 11.30am at St Mark's Church Centre. There will be stalls selling bargain buys, books and Traidcraft as well as tea or coffee and the chance for a chat with friends.
Mothers' Union - Sixteen members of St Mark's and St Luke's Mothers' Union attended the monthly meeting at St Marks Centre. After the usual service Josie Boddy introduced Josephine Fowler who spoke on an unexpected pilgrimage. Joe told members how she came from a farming family in Lincolnshire and trained to be a teacher. However she decided to enter the Prison Service and served in several prisons including Norwich and Blundeston. She became an ordained Baptist minister but on moving to retire in Oulton Broad has joined the St Mark's Ministry team. Olive Bass thanked Joe for her talk and members enjoyed tea and biscuits. Everyone was reminded about the 10.10am service on August 9 - Mary Sumner day - when it is hoped as many members as possible will be able to attend. It has been decided that there will be no meeting in August but members will meet on August 26 for a midday meal together.
The next meeting will be on September 23 at 2.30pm, when the speaker will be Carol Barnard on thirty years of twinning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft