St Mark's Wives Group - Forty members of the group met in the Church Centre on October 5. The speaker was Jane Bastow who described the journey from Otley to Chelsea.
St Mark's Wives Group - Forty members of the group met in the Church Centre on October 5. The speaker was Jane Bastow who described the journey from Otley to Chelsea. Jane was a student at Otley College in 2001 when one of their group suggested entering the Chelsea Flower Show. Much to their surprise their entry was accepted at the end of January 2002 for the small gardens section. Their theme was a courtyard garden titled 'Careless Rapture' and they then had to find sponsorship and grow all the plants from seeds. With the aid of slides she showed the trials and tribulations of getting everything ready for Chelsea where much to their surprise they won a gold medal. She was thanked by Ros Waghorn. The next meeting is on October 19 and will be 'carol's crafts'.
Quiz night - Tonight at Broadlands Residential, Borrow Road, 7 for 7.30pm start. Admission costs �3 per person and there will be a raffle. All proceeds go to the residents' amenity fund. On November 5 the annual fireworks night takes place with admission strictly by ticket only. Cost will be �5 adult, �3 child or �15 family ticket (two adults and two children). The price will include either a hot dog, burger or jacket potato, with refreshments available. Contact 512895 to book.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday, services are at 8am holy communion, 10.10am morning worship with Mark II meeting in the church centre, and at 6pm the 'Six o'clock' service. The community lunch is at 12noon. Each weekday at 4.14pm there is daily prayer and holy communion on Wednesdays at 9.30am. The Mothers' Union prayer group meet at 24a Dutchmans Court next Friday at 10.30am.
St Luke's Church - On Sunday there is a 9.30am service of holy communion.
You may also want to watch:
Open house - The weekly open house at St Mark's Church Hall is on Wednesday from 10am with stalls and tea of coffee.
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 9 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 10 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?