St Mark's Wives Group - Forty members of the group met in the Church Centre on October 5. The speaker was Jane Bastow who described the journey from Otley to Chelsea.
St Mark's Wives Group - Forty members of the group met in the Church Centre on October 5. The speaker was Jane Bastow who described the journey from Otley to Chelsea. Jane was a student at Otley College in 2001 when one of their group suggested entering the Chelsea Flower Show. Much to their surprise their entry was accepted at the end of January 2002 for the small gardens section. Their theme was a courtyard garden titled 'Careless Rapture' and they then had to find sponsorship and grow all the plants from seeds. With the aid of slides she showed the trials and tribulations of getting everything ready for Chelsea where much to their surprise they won a gold medal. She was thanked by Ros Waghorn. The next meeting is on October 19 and will be 'carol's crafts'.
Quiz night - Tonight at Broadlands Residential, Borrow Road, 7 for 7.30pm start. Admission costs �3 per person and there will be a raffle. All proceeds go to the residents' amenity fund. On November 5 the annual fireworks night takes place with admission strictly by ticket only. Cost will be �5 adult, �3 child or �15 family ticket (two adults and two children). The price will include either a hot dog, burger or jacket potato, with refreshments available. Contact 512895 to book.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday, services are at 8am holy communion, 10.10am morning worship with Mark II meeting in the church centre, and at 6pm the 'Six o'clock' service. The community lunch is at 12noon. Each weekday at 4.14pm there is daily prayer and holy communion on Wednesdays at 9.30am. The Mothers' Union prayer group meet at 24a Dutchmans Court next Friday at 10.30am.
St Luke's Church - On Sunday there is a 9.30am service of holy communion.
You may also want to watch:
Open house - The weekly open house at St Mark's Church Hall is on Wednesday from 10am with stalls and tea of coffee.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme