Oulton Broad Bridge to shut next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Oulton Broad Bridge will close to road traffic next week
The bridge will shut from 9pm next Wednesday and will re-open Thursday morning at 6am, before closing at the same time Thursday night and re-opening at 6am next Friday.
There will be a diversion in place directing traffic across the recently reopened Bascule Bridge, but Oulton Broad Bridge will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
Mutford Lock will also close to river traffic for two days.
A spokesperson for the Broads Authority said that the closure was to allow annual maintenance to the lock to occur, with the lock electronics systems requiring two complete 24 hour periods to be thoroughly checked.
You may also want to watch:
During the closure next week, the bridge will only be closed to river traffic and the road will remain open.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles