Oulton Broad Bridge to shut next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Oulton Broad Bridge will close to road traffic next week
The bridge will shut from 9pm next Wednesday and will re-open Thursday morning at 6am, before closing at the same time Thursday night and re-opening at 6am next Friday.
There will be a diversion in place directing traffic across the recently reopened Bascule Bridge, but Oulton Broad Bridge will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
Mutford Lock will also close to river traffic for two days.
A spokesperson for the Broads Authority said that the closure was to allow annual maintenance to the lock to occur, with the lock electronics systems requiring two complete 24 hour periods to be thoroughly checked.
You may also want to watch:
During the closure next week, the bridge will only be closed to river traffic and the road will remain open.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment