Oulton Broad community news
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden.
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden. Tickets from the church office. At 7pm there is a sit-down buffet, auction of promises and a slide show on Oulton Broad past and present and the rise and fall of Lowestoft's fishing industry given by John Holmes in the church centre. Tickets �5 from the church office or Park Pharmacy.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10.10am a joint all-age service at which the preacher is David Hayden, Archdeacon of Norwich, and featuring Jonah-Man Jazz. At 6.30pm there is Victorian evensong with the Archdeacon and Victorian costume is optional. Midweek services are: Holy communion on Wednesday at 9.30am and morning prayer on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am.
Concert - Great Yarmouth Brass Band are performing for a Heartcare concert at St Mark's on Tuesday at 7.30pm.
Open House - On Wednesday Open House is from 10 to 11.30am at St Mark's Church Centre where there will be stalls selling bargain buys, books and Traidcraft as well as tea or coffee and the chance for a chat with friends.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday