Oulton Broad community news
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden.
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden. Tickets from the church office. At 7pm there is a sit-down buffet, auction of promises and a slide show on Oulton Broad past and present and the rise and fall of Lowestoft's fishing industry given by John Holmes in the church centre. Tickets �5 from the church office or Park Pharmacy.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10.10am a joint all-age service at which the preacher is David Hayden, Archdeacon of Norwich, and featuring Jonah-Man Jazz. At 6.30pm there is Victorian evensong with the Archdeacon and Victorian costume is optional. Midweek services are: Holy communion on Wednesday at 9.30am and morning prayer on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am.
Concert - Great Yarmouth Brass Band are performing for a Heartcare concert at St Mark's on Tuesday at 7.30pm.
Open House - On Wednesday Open House is from 10 to 11.30am at St Mark's Church Centre where there will be stalls selling bargain buys, books and Traidcraft as well as tea or coffee and the chance for a chat with friends.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 6 New coffee shop transforms empty kiosk in north Lowestoft
- 7 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured
- 10 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft