Oulton Broad community news
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden.
Patronal Festival - Tomorrow, as part of St Mark's Church 125th anniversary celebrations, at 2pm there will be a children's party in the vicarage garden. Tickets from the church office. At 7pm there is a sit-down buffet, auction of promises and a slide show on Oulton Broad past and present and the rise and fall of Lowestoft's fishing industry given by John Holmes in the church centre. Tickets �5 from the church office or Park Pharmacy.
St Mark's Church - On Sunday there will be a service of holy communion at 8am and at 10.10am a joint all-age service at which the preacher is David Hayden, Archdeacon of Norwich, and featuring Jonah-Man Jazz. At 6.30pm there is Victorian evensong with the Archdeacon and Victorian costume is optional. Midweek services are: Holy communion on Wednesday at 9.30am and morning prayer on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am.
Concert - Great Yarmouth Brass Band are performing for a Heartcare concert at St Mark's on Tuesday at 7.30pm.
Open House - On Wednesday Open House is from 10 to 11.30am at St Mark's Church Centre where there will be stalls selling bargain buys, books and Traidcraft as well as tea or coffee and the chance for a chat with friends.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 4 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 9 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club