Oulton Broad hotel’s wedding venue built as part of a series of improvements
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A well-known hotel has built a £1.7million purpose-built hall for weddings as part of a major series of improvements.
Ivy House Country Hotel owner Adrian Parton has invested substantially in improving the Oulton Broad site in 2013.
That includes redecorating and refurbishing all the rooms and bringing in a new gardener to tend to the acres of gardens, ponds and marshes it is set in.
However the centrepiece has been the Ivy Hall development, which was built in response to an overwhelming request from guests for a venue to host weddings, summer balls, parties and corporate events.
Sympathetically screened from neighbouring properties and wildlife by trees, the venue also has impressive soundproofing so that music played at a volume as high as 100 decibels can only be heard faintly outside with the doors shut.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parton said of his plans for the hotel: 'The whole idea is to make something the town can be proud of.'
He also described the hotel as a hidden gem in a great location which links onto the Broads.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
Have you got a business success story? Contact The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org