Oulton Broad hotel’s wedding venue built as part of a series of improvements
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A well-known hotel has built a £1.7million purpose-built hall for weddings as part of a major series of improvements.
Ivy House Country Hotel owner Adrian Parton has invested substantially in improving the Oulton Broad site in 2013.
That includes redecorating and refurbishing all the rooms and bringing in a new gardener to tend to the acres of gardens, ponds and marshes it is set in.
However the centrepiece has been the Ivy Hall development, which was built in response to an overwhelming request from guests for a venue to host weddings, summer balls, parties and corporate events.
Sympathetically screened from neighbouring properties and wildlife by trees, the venue also has impressive soundproofing so that music played at a volume as high as 100 decibels can only be heard faintly outside with the doors shut.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parton said of his plans for the hotel: 'The whole idea is to make something the town can be proud of.'
He also described the hotel as a hidden gem in a great location which links onto the Broads.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
Have you got a business success story? Contact The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email email@example.com