Oulton Broad man dies after A17 crash
AN Oulton Broad man has died after he was involved in a three-vehicle collision in Nottinghamshire.
Neil Hunt, 59, was driving an MGF car along the A17 when he was involved in a crash with a van and a lorry at about 7.45am on Monday, outside Newark Golf Club.
A Nottinghamshire police spokesman said Mr Hunt's car and the lorry both ended up in a ditch after the crash in Beckingham Road, Coddington.
Mr Hunt remained trapped in his vehicle following the collision and firefighters from Newark were called to the scene to help free him. Specialist units from Newark and Highfield fire stations also attended.
They worked for about two hours before they were able to release him from the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
He suffered multiple serious injuries and was airlifted to Lincoln County Hospital, but was pronounced dead after arrival.
The driver of the lorry was uninjured, and the driver of the Vauxhall Astra van suffered minor injuries.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
The A17 was closed for several hours through rush-hour on Monday morning until the accident scene was cleared.
The police spokesman said an investigation into the cause of the crash was under way.