Oulton Broad pub could be reopening soon
AN Oulton Broad pub which has been closed for almost a year could reopen soon if new plans win approval.
Enterprise Inns plc has lodged an application with the Broads Authority to extend and refurbish The Commodore to create more space for diners and improve its garden overlooking the Broad.
The pub in Commodore Road closed last year primarily as it was 'a victim of the current economic climate, compounded by the problems encountered by the licensed trade,' according to the company's agents Last And Tricker Partnership.
Enterprise Inns is now seeking permission to build a first-floor extension to accommodate a 'public restaurant/dining area' that has 'excellent views' of the broad.
In its application, the company says internal alterations will create an additional dining area, a kitchen, staircase and a manager's flat.
You may also want to watch:
Proposed alterations on the ground floor include a new staircase, refurbished toilets, a unisex toilet accessible to wheelchair users, a reduced bar servery area and a new rear entrance to the bar.
'There is a large terrace area to the rear of the pub that is split into three levels, which has now become very untidy and overgrown, and it is proposed to redevelop this terrace area with new hard and soft landscaping,' the planning application adds.The application will be considered by a future meeting of the Broads Authority's planning committee.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight