Oulton Broad pub could be reopening soon
AN Oulton Broad pub which has been closed for almost a year could reopen soon if new plans win approval.
Enterprise Inns plc has lodged an application with the Broads Authority to extend and refurbish The Commodore to create more space for diners and improve its garden overlooking the Broad.
The pub in Commodore Road closed last year primarily as it was 'a victim of the current economic climate, compounded by the problems encountered by the licensed trade,' according to the company's agents Last And Tricker Partnership.
Enterprise Inns is now seeking permission to build a first-floor extension to accommodate a 'public restaurant/dining area' that has 'excellent views' of the broad.
In its application, the company says internal alterations will create an additional dining area, a kitchen, staircase and a manager's flat.
You may also want to watch:
Proposed alterations on the ground floor include a new staircase, refurbished toilets, a unisex toilet accessible to wheelchair users, a reduced bar servery area and a new rear entrance to the bar.
'There is a large terrace area to the rear of the pub that is split into three levels, which has now become very untidy and overgrown, and it is proposed to redevelop this terrace area with new hard and soft landscaping,' the planning application adds.The application will be considered by a future meeting of the Broads Authority's planning committee.
- 1 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 2 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests