Oulton care home hosting Macmillan cake and coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
People are being invited to visit a care home for a cake sale and coffee morning, with all proceeds going to Macmillan.
From 10am to 1pm today (Friday), Oulton Park Care Centre is taking part in the cancer charity's 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning' event.
Staff at the Barchester Healthcare home, which is located on Union Lane in Oulton Broad, began fundraising last week when they came to work dressed in pyjamas, making a donation to the charity along the way.
In addition, the Central England Cooperative Funeral Care has generously donated a hamper which will be raffled for the charity.
Andrea Pullinger, activities assistant at the care home, said: 'We really hope local people will support our event because it is for a really good cause.
You may also want to watch:
'It's important for our residents to feel part of their community so it's great to hold events like this.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage