Oulton Ladies Group
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year.
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year. She now retires and the current vice chairman Nicola Drake will serve as chairman for the current year programme. The forthcoming programme was given by the secretary Joyce Aguss and the financial report by the treasurer Myra Swan.
The vice chairman is Jenni Dove and the two members elected to the committee were Diane Brown and Holly Pointon to replace Ingrid Neate and Patricia Shreeve who had served their term of office on the committee. A general knowledge quiz was followed by members enjoying apple pies and soft drinks to complete the evening.
The next meeting will be on October 7, when Barbara Emons from the Dogs Trust Re-Homing Centre in Snetterton, Norfolk will gave an illustrated talk. Meeting commences at 7.30pm. New members are welcome to join at the Oulton Community Centre, a varied programme of talks and slide shows have been arranged for the new session.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?