Oulton Ladies Group
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year.
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year. She now retires and the current vice chairman Nicola Drake will serve as chairman for the current year programme. The forthcoming programme was given by the secretary Joyce Aguss and the financial report by the treasurer Myra Swan.
The vice chairman is Jenni Dove and the two members elected to the committee were Diane Brown and Holly Pointon to replace Ingrid Neate and Patricia Shreeve who had served their term of office on the committee. A general knowledge quiz was followed by members enjoying apple pies and soft drinks to complete the evening.
The next meeting will be on October 7, when Barbara Emons from the Dogs Trust Re-Homing Centre in Snetterton, Norfolk will gave an illustrated talk. Meeting commences at 7.30pm. New members are welcome to join at the Oulton Community Centre, a varied programme of talks and slide shows have been arranged for the new session.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s