Oulton Ladies Group
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year.
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year. She now retires and the current vice chairman Nicola Drake will serve as chairman for the current year programme. The forthcoming programme was given by the secretary Joyce Aguss and the financial report by the treasurer Myra Swan.
The vice chairman is Jenni Dove and the two members elected to the committee were Diane Brown and Holly Pointon to replace Ingrid Neate and Patricia Shreeve who had served their term of office on the committee. A general knowledge quiz was followed by members enjoying apple pies and soft drinks to complete the evening.
The next meeting will be on October 7, when Barbara Emons from the Dogs Trust Re-Homing Centre in Snetterton, Norfolk will gave an illustrated talk. Meeting commences at 7.30pm. New members are welcome to join at the Oulton Community Centre, a varied programme of talks and slide shows have been arranged for the new session.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 2 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival