Oulton Ladies Group
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year.
The first meeting of the new session took place on September 2, at Oulton Community Centre. Commencing with the annual meeting which was opened by Irene Markievicz who has been the chairman for the past year. She now retires and the current vice chairman Nicola Drake will serve as chairman for the current year programme. The forthcoming programme was given by the secretary Joyce Aguss and the financial report by the treasurer Myra Swan.
The vice chairman is Jenni Dove and the two members elected to the committee were Diane Brown and Holly Pointon to replace Ingrid Neate and Patricia Shreeve who had served their term of office on the committee. A general knowledge quiz was followed by members enjoying apple pies and soft drinks to complete the evening.
The next meeting will be on October 7, when Barbara Emons from the Dogs Trust Re-Homing Centre in Snetterton, Norfolk will gave an illustrated talk. Meeting commences at 7.30pm. New members are welcome to join at the Oulton Community Centre, a varied programme of talks and slide shows have been arranged for the new session.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk