Oulton Ladies Group
The October meeting was held at Oulton Community Centre with 29 members and guests attending.The meeting was opened by the new chairwoman Nicola Drake who introduced the speaker for the evening, Barbara Emons, who is the supporter relations officer for the Dogs Trust at Snetterton.
The October meeting was held at Oulton Community Centre with 29 members and guests attending.
The meeting was opened by the new chairwoman Nicola Drake who introduced the speaker for the evening, Barbara Emons, who is the supporter relations officer for the Dogs Trust at Snetterton.
Formally known as the National Canine Defence League, which was founded in 1891, it is the largest dog welfare charity. There are 17 reforming centres with another to be opened shortly in Dublin.
Barbara described the work carried out at Snetterton. No healthy dogs are ever destroyed, most dogs come as handover from owners unable to keep the dog and from strays from local authorities. The vast majority are found new homes. The building at Snetterton was rebuilt in 2001 and can accommodate 75 to 80 dogs. Barbara showed a selection of photographs of dogs in the home and some that have been rehomed.
You may also want to watch:
A vote of thanks was given for an informative talk. Refreshments were served by committee members.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 4, with a talk by Matt Gooch entitled 'wildlife on your doorstep'.
- 1 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 4 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 7 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 8 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 9 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
New members are always welcome. Meetings are held at the Oulton Community Centre on the first Wednesday of each month, commencing at 7.30pm. Annual membership is �5.