Oulton Ladies Group
The October meeting was held at Oulton Community Centre with 29 members and guests attending.The meeting was opened by the new chairwoman Nicola Drake who introduced the speaker for the evening, Barbara Emons, who is the supporter relations officer for the Dogs Trust at Snetterton.
The October meeting was held at Oulton Community Centre with 29 members and guests attending.
The meeting was opened by the new chairwoman Nicola Drake who introduced the speaker for the evening, Barbara Emons, who is the supporter relations officer for the Dogs Trust at Snetterton.
Formally known as the National Canine Defence League, which was founded in 1891, it is the largest dog welfare charity. There are 17 reforming centres with another to be opened shortly in Dublin.
Barbara described the work carried out at Snetterton. No healthy dogs are ever destroyed, most dogs come as handover from owners unable to keep the dog and from strays from local authorities. The vast majority are found new homes. The building at Snetterton was rebuilt in 2001 and can accommodate 75 to 80 dogs. Barbara showed a selection of photographs of dogs in the home and some that have been rehomed.
A vote of thanks was given for an informative talk. Refreshments were served by committee members.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 4, with a talk by Matt Gooch entitled 'wildlife on your doorstep'.
- 1 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 2 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 4 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 5 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 6 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 9 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 10 Lowestoft man used toy gun to steal can of Dr Pepper from kebab shop
New members are always welcome. Meetings are held at the Oulton Community Centre on the first Wednesday of each month, commencing at 7.30pm. Annual membership is �5.