Oulton Ladies Group celebrate golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A women's club based in Oulton celebrated its 50th anniversary at a social evening attended by founding members.
Oulton Ladies Group held a buffet at the Park Hill Hotel, Lowestoft, at which 34 members attended.
The group was formed in 1967 as a place for the younger wives of the Pound Farm community to meet for a social evening once a month.
One of the founding members, Janet Betts, attended the golden anniversary celebrations.
Joyce Aguss, group secretary, said: 'It was a very enjoyable evening - we even had cakes made for us by a previous guest speaker which was very nice.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meet on the first Wednesday of each month with a programme of speakers who discuss a variety of subjects.
Prospective members are welcome to go along to taster meetings before deciding to join up. Membership to the group is £5 annually or £2 a meeting. For further information call 01502 569165.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014