Oulton Ladies Group celebrate golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A women's club based in Oulton celebrated its 50th anniversary at a social evening attended by founding members.
Oulton Ladies Group held a buffet at the Park Hill Hotel, Lowestoft, at which 34 members attended.
The group was formed in 1967 as a place for the younger wives of the Pound Farm community to meet for a social evening once a month.
One of the founding members, Janet Betts, attended the golden anniversary celebrations.
Joyce Aguss, group secretary, said: 'It was a very enjoyable evening - we even had cakes made for us by a previous guest speaker which was very nice.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meet on the first Wednesday of each month with a programme of speakers who discuss a variety of subjects.
Prospective members are welcome to go along to taster meetings before deciding to join up. Membership to the group is £5 annually or £2 a meeting. For further information call 01502 569165.
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked