Oulton Ladies Group celebrate golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A women's club based in Oulton celebrated its 50th anniversary at a social evening attended by founding members.
Oulton Ladies Group held a buffet at the Park Hill Hotel, Lowestoft, at which 34 members attended.
The group was formed in 1967 as a place for the younger wives of the Pound Farm community to meet for a social evening once a month.
One of the founding members, Janet Betts, attended the golden anniversary celebrations.
Joyce Aguss, group secretary, said: 'It was a very enjoyable evening - we even had cakes made for us by a previous guest speaker which was very nice.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meet on the first Wednesday of each month with a programme of speakers who discuss a variety of subjects.
Prospective members are welcome to go along to taster meetings before deciding to join up. Membership to the group is £5 annually or £2 a meeting. For further information call 01502 569165.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted