Stunning shot of owl at sunset crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph capturing a short-eared owl elegantly perched on a post has been crowned Picture of the Week.
The shot was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett, from Oulton Broad, during a sunset trip to Carlton Marshes.
Mr Tomsett, who used his Canon EOS 1DX MKII, said: 'It was distracted by some dog walkers so didn't notice me approaching it.
'I got within 20 metres of it and had enough time to get a load of shots before it flew off. I'm really pleased with this image because I got really lucky with the weather, having lovely light made a creature normally seen at dusk really stand out.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'