Stunning shot of owl at sunset crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph capturing a short-eared owl elegantly perched on a post has been crowned Picture of the Week.
The shot was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett, from Oulton Broad, during a sunset trip to Carlton Marshes.
Mr Tomsett, who used his Canon EOS 1DX MKII, said: 'It was distracted by some dog walkers so didn't notice me approaching it.
'I got within 20 metres of it and had enough time to get a load of shots before it flew off. I'm really pleased with this image because I got really lucky with the weather, having lovely light made a creature normally seen at dusk really stand out.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions