‘We are concerned about the planet’ - eco-balloons released at care home memorial
- Credit: Archant
Biodegradeable balloons were released to remember lost loved ones as a care home held its annual memorial.
Residents and their families gathered at Oulton Park Care Centre alongside staff and relatives of past residents for a special service in the care home's gardens.
It was led by Lorraine Sartain from Whispering Words of Wisdom, a company which provides emotional support and guidance across the local area for those who need it.
The eco-friendly balloons were subsequently released, before guests enjoyed a buffet and refreshments.
Activities coordinator Andrea Pullinger said: "We are concerned here at Oulton about the planet, and all balloons, string and tags were biodegradable."
You may also want to watch:
Agnes Flynn, the home's new general manager, added: "I was so pleased to meet the families and was happy to be part of this event. I hope to see everyone again next year."
If your family would like to attend next year's event, contact Oulton Park Care Centre and leave your contact details.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk