Care home residents raise toast to Harry and Meghan
- Credit: Archant
Residents, families and staff at a care home dressed up in their finery to watch and celebrate the royal wedding.
The festivities at Oulton Park Care Centre got under way after breakfast, with residents enjoying the TV coverage up until the ceremony itself before toasting the happy couple after they made their vows.
In the afternoon, entertainment was provided by youngsters from the Fay Bedford Stage School, while a wedding buffet included a lemon and elderflower cake made using same recipe as the Royal cake.
Activities coordinator Andrea Pullinger said: 'Everyone had a great time and I would especially like to thank the young dancers.'
In what is a busy month for Oulton Park, the activities team is also preparing for the home's annual balloon release on Saturday, May 26, an event remembering past residents.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and residents will also take part in a sponsored walk alongside the Lowestoft Remember Me Club on May 27, raising money for Alzheimer's Society.
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 Robbers attempt to steal dog in Lowestoft churchyard