Our Lady Star of the Sea
Mass times for this Sea Sunday, the 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time, are 9 am celebrated by Fr Anthony Sketch at St Nicholas' Church, Morton Road, South Lowestoft and at Our Lady Star of the Sea, Gordon Road, 5 pm (first mass) celebrated by visiting priest Fr Michael Rear and 10.
Mass times for this Sea Sunday, the 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time, are 9 am celebrated by Fr Anthony Sketch at St Nicholas' Church, Morton Road, South Lowestoft and at Our Lady Star of the Sea, Gordon Road, 5 pm (first mass) celebrated by visiting priest Fr Michael Rear and 10.30am celebrated by visiting priest Fr Peter Marsh. The second collection this week is in aid of the Apostleship of the Sea, a registered charity in aid Catholic mariners. Visitors are very welcome and refreshments are served in the church halls after Sunday Mass. Parishioners are asked to note the various special events advertised on the church notice-boards and sign up for visits where appropriate. This is the last week for signing up for the Knights' three-day pilgrimage to Boulogne in August. On Wednesday at 11am there will be a coffee morning with cakes in the Stella Maris Hall at which the Rev Stephen Pomeroy will give the first of two talks on the Ministry of a Deacon in the Church - all are welcome to attend. The �25 winners of the last four weeks' Knights of St Columba Good Causes draw are Rannveig Burd, John Davies, Philip Rosindale and Jean Baker.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Junction closed for third crossing preparations