Over £500 raised by woman bereaved by suicide at town’s support group
- Credit: Photo: Suzy Clifford
A woman bereaved by suicide who attends group support has raised £555 in memory of her husband, who took his life in 2017.
Cate, a survivor bereaved by suicide has been attending group support at Lowestoft delivered by Hope After Suicide Loss, and raised the money at a morning coffee and lunch. The Hope After Suicide Loss charity was founded by Suzy Clifford, from Bury St Edmunds, after she became bereaved when her husband Len died by suicide in 2009.
After receiving help from Survivors of Beareavement by Suicide, she set up three SOBS groups in Lowestoft, Ipswich, and Bury St Edmunds.
She since founded her own group, Hope after Suicide Loss.
Mrs Clifford said: "We bring hope, while also being realistic as it takes longer than a month or a few weeks but you can, like me, find peace."
You may also want to watch:
At regular group meetings survivors are encouraged to develop coping srategies, relieve isolation and bring hope to others.
If you are affected by any of the issues mentioned in this article, the Samaritans are available to talk for free at any time on 116 123.
More information is available on their website, hopeaftersuicideloss.org.uk
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 10 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers