Packed show raises �12,500 for appeal
FUNDRAISING fever hit Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton when 400 musical fans raised �12,549 for the Palliative Care East appeal.Guests packed into the resort's Atlas Theatre last Saturday to watch the Potters Theatre Company perform the show Spring Fever, featuring songs from hit musicals including Wicked, Les Miserables and Hairspray.
FUNDRAISING fever hit Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton when 400 musical fans raised �12,549 for the Palliative Care East appeal.
Guests packed into the resort's Atlas Theatre last Saturday to watch the Potters Theatre Company perform the show Spring Fever, featuring songs from hit musicals including Wicked, Les Miserables and Hairspray.
The money raised from ticket sales was �5,970 and this sum was matched by the leisure resort's owners Brian and Judy Potter, with �609 of donations swelling the total to its final figure.
The theatre company employs 50 full time entertainers, musicians and technical crew who are based at the Atlas Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The donations bring the appeal's total to �1,084,471, with the aim being to raise �1.5m for a new palliative care centre in the grounds of the James Paget University Hospital to provide respite care for people with terminal illnesses.
Forthcoming events in aid of the appeal include:
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Loddon Band will give a concert at Trinity Methodist Church in Park Road, Lowestoft tomorrow .
On Thursday there will be a fashion show at Jarrolds in Norwich, with a finger buffet. Tickets cost �10 and there will be clothes to suit all ages. The event starts at 6.30pm.
On May 15 there will be a Butterfly Day when appeal supporters will be out and about giving away butterfly badges for a donation of �1.