Packed show raises �12,500 for appeal
FUNDRAISING fever hit Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton when 400 musical fans raised �12,549 for the Palliative Care East appeal.Guests packed into the resort's Atlas Theatre last Saturday to watch the Potters Theatre Company perform the show Spring Fever, featuring songs from hit musicals including Wicked, Les Miserables and Hairspray.
FUNDRAISING fever hit Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton when 400 musical fans raised �12,549 for the Palliative Care East appeal.
Guests packed into the resort's Atlas Theatre last Saturday to watch the Potters Theatre Company perform the show Spring Fever, featuring songs from hit musicals including Wicked, Les Miserables and Hairspray.
The money raised from ticket sales was �5,970 and this sum was matched by the leisure resort's owners Brian and Judy Potter, with �609 of donations swelling the total to its final figure.
The theatre company employs 50 full time entertainers, musicians and technical crew who are based at the Atlas Theatre.
The donations bring the appeal's total to �1,084,471, with the aim being to raise �1.5m for a new palliative care centre in the grounds of the James Paget University Hospital to provide respite care for people with terminal illnesses.
Forthcoming events in aid of the appeal include:
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 3 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 6 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
Loddon Band will give a concert at Trinity Methodist Church in Park Road, Lowestoft tomorrow .
On Thursday there will be a fashion show at Jarrolds in Norwich, with a finger buffet. Tickets cost �10 and there will be clothes to suit all ages. The event starts at 6.30pm.
On May 15 there will be a Butterfly Day when appeal supporters will be out and about giving away butterfly badges for a donation of �1.