Pair arrested over Lowestoft and Beccles jewellery thefts
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl and a 46-year-old woman have been arrested in connection with a number of thefts of jewellery in Suffolk recently.
The two – both from Luton – were arrested in connection with incidents that have occurred in Lowestoft, Beccles and Ipswich where jewellery has been offered for sale and necklaces placed around the necks of the person that has been approached.
The victims have then had their own, often valuable, necklaces removed while they were distracted.
'Police were contacted by a member of the public, who had seen media reports about previous thefts, around 12.15pm yesterday, Wednesday, December 15, after two females were spotted acting suspiciously in the Station Square area of Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
'Police immediately attended and arrested the two.'
You may also want to watch:
They were taken into custody at Lowestoft police station where they were interviewed by officers. Both have now been bailed to return to police on December 24.
• Anyone with information about these incidents should call PC 1537 Wells at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 6 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days