Pair arrested over Lowestoft and Beccles jewellery thefts
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl and a 46-year-old woman have been arrested in connection with a number of thefts of jewellery in Suffolk recently.
The two – both from Luton – were arrested in connection with incidents that have occurred in Lowestoft, Beccles and Ipswich where jewellery has been offered for sale and necklaces placed around the necks of the person that has been approached.
The victims have then had their own, often valuable, necklaces removed while they were distracted.
'Police were contacted by a member of the public, who had seen media reports about previous thefts, around 12.15pm yesterday, Wednesday, December 15, after two females were spotted acting suspiciously in the Station Square area of Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
'Police immediately attended and arrested the two.'
You may also want to watch:
They were taken into custody at Lowestoft police station where they were interviewed by officers. Both have now been bailed to return to police on December 24.
• Anyone with information about these incidents should call PC 1537 Wells at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k