Pair arrested over Lowestoft and Beccles jewellery thefts
A 16-YEAR-OLD girl and a 46-year-old woman have been arrested in connection with a number of thefts of jewellery in Suffolk recently.
The two – both from Luton – were arrested in connection with incidents that have occurred in Lowestoft, Beccles and Ipswich where jewellery has been offered for sale and necklaces placed around the necks of the person that has been approached.
The victims have then had their own, often valuable, necklaces removed while they were distracted.
'Police were contacted by a member of the public, who had seen media reports about previous thefts, around 12.15pm yesterday, Wednesday, December 15, after two females were spotted acting suspiciously in the Station Square area of Lowestoft,' a police spokesman said.
'Police immediately attended and arrested the two.'
You may also want to watch:
They were taken into custody at Lowestoft police station where they were interviewed by officers. Both have now been bailed to return to police on December 24.
• Anyone with information about these incidents should call PC 1537 Wells at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park