Pakefield prepares for a leap of faith
- Credit: Archant
In celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation, two special events will take place at Pakefield Church this weekend.
Brave souls with a head for heights will take a leap of faith from 10am tomorrow (Saturday) as 30 intrepid, sponsored volunteers take part in a daredevil descent.
The venture was the idea of the Rev Mark Capron, who will be taking part in the abseil.
Lowestoft RNLI Lifeboat crew member Sophy McCully will also be abseiling down the south face of the 60ft tower, as all funds raised will be shared between Pakefield Church and Lowestoft Lifeboat.
There will also be a bouncy castle for young children to enjoy and plenty of food and drink for sale on the day.
You may also want to watch:
And at 6.30pm on Sunday, a Songs of Praise service – featuring well-loved hymns, music and readings from the Coronation Service and other royal occasions – will be held in the clifftop church.
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 9 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 10 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?