Pakefield prepares for a leap of faith
- Credit: Archant
In celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation, two special events will take place at Pakefield Church this weekend.
Brave souls with a head for heights will take a leap of faith from 10am tomorrow (Saturday) as 30 intrepid, sponsored volunteers take part in a daredevil descent.
The venture was the idea of the Rev Mark Capron, who will be taking part in the abseil.
Lowestoft RNLI Lifeboat crew member Sophy McCully will also be abseiling down the south face of the 60ft tower, as all funds raised will be shared between Pakefield Church and Lowestoft Lifeboat.
There will also be a bouncy castle for young children to enjoy and plenty of food and drink for sale on the day.
You may also want to watch:
And at 6.30pm on Sunday, a Songs of Praise service – featuring well-loved hymns, music and readings from the Coronation Service and other royal occasions – will be held in the clifftop church.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat