Palm Sunday parade is held in Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A donkey has led a parade of Palm Sunday churchgoers in Oulton Broad to mark the start of Holy Week.
The parade gathered at The Boulevard then wound its way along Bridge Road and through Nicholas Everitt Park before arriving at St Mark's Church for the morning service.
Rev David Hayden said: 'We want to raise awareness of the start of our Holy Week which leads up to Easter.
'Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and that's what we celebrate on Palm Sunday - and that journey was going to take him to the cross a few days later.
'My wife Liz contacted Lydia who kindly offered to provide a donkey to help us to recreate that journey, taking us through Oulton Broad and up to the church.
You may also want to watch:
'We believe that this may be the first time that there has been a Palm Sunday Donkey Parade in Oulton Broad in recent times.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft