Party time at Pleasurewood Hills
Woody Bear, Lil' Chris and stiltwalkers were among those who helped Pleasurewood Hills' 25th birthday bash to go with a bang.The theme park near Lowestoft held the party on Saturday.
Woody Bear, Lil' Chris and stiltwalkers were among those who helped Pleasurewood Hills' 25th birthday bash to go with a bang.
The theme park near Lowestoft held the party on Saturday.
A ribbon was cut by the park's founder and original owner, Joe Larter. Later came a parade through the park that featured the stiltwalkers as well as costumed characters and an oompah band.
A giant birthday cake was cut by park mascot Woody Bear.
You may also want to watch:
Local boy Chris Hardman - alias Lil' Chris, singing star of Channel Four's Rock School series - put in an appearance. And, although there were a few showers, the rain held off for most of the day.
About 700 invited guests mingled with paying customers and enjoyed a buffet lunch.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
There was face-painting, donkey rides and live music from bands around the park.
Jane Stephenson, from Pleasurewood Hills, said: “It has been a brilliant success. Everybody is enjoying it.
“We have had a good turnout even though the weather is a bit iffy.”