Patriotic Scouts to mark St George’s Day in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It has been a traditional feature of scouting in Lowestoft for decades.
And next weekend, Scouts, Cubs, Beavers and their leaders from across the Lowestoft district will be parading to celebrate St. George's Day.
This year's service, in honour of the patron saint of Scouting and England, will be held at 3pm in St. Margaret's Church, Lowestoft on Sunday, April 26.
The parade will assemble at the eastern end of St. Margaret's Road at 2.15pm and will then march to the Church. The salute will be taken in the presence of guests of honour at the entrance to Poplars School.
The parade will be headed by the District Explorer Unit followed by the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts from each group. At the Church entrance, the Colour Parties will form the traditional arch through which the parade and congregation will pass.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft Scouts District Commissioner, Mel Buck, said: 'The parade is a tradition that has been a feature of scouting in Lowestoft for years. But whilst the parade will be traditional, this year we have made a few changes to the service to bring it up to date.'
To ensure the safety of those taking part in the parade, sections of St. Margaret's Road will be closed to traffic at intervals between 2.15pm and 4.30pm and organisers would like to thank Suffolk Highways for their help with traffic management.
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday
For more information, contact Rodney Turner on 07717 762 097.
Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org