Pedstrian injured in road crash
A pedestrian was left needing hospital treatment after a road crash.
A pensioner was left needing hospital treatment after becoming trapped under a van.
The 89-year-old man was involved in an accident when he became trapped under a van along Beccles Road in Gorleston just after 9am yesterday morning .
The man was trapped for around 25 minutes and was suffering from crush injuries to his legs.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called out and helped administer pain relief and fluids until he was freed.
You may also want to watch:
He was then taken by road to the James Paget Hospital, which is close to the accident site. His condition is described as stable.
Another accident happened on the Beccles Road just after 10am when two cars were involved in a road crash. Two women were hurt in the accident and received chest and whiplash injuries. They were treated at the scene.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street