Pensioner robbed in his Lowestoft home
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.
Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.55am to 12.10pm yesterday (Thursday, August 13).
Various items including jewellery, clothing, a mobile phone, alcohol, cash and bank cards were stolen in the robbery and the 68-year-old man suffered pain and discomfort to his neck and arm.
A 23-year-old man was subsequently arrested and he is currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where he is being interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious should telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 5 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 6 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 7 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 8 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 9 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed