Pensioner robbed in his Lowestoft home
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.
Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.55am to 12.10pm yesterday (Thursday, August 13).
Various items including jewellery, clothing, a mobile phone, alcohol, cash and bank cards were stolen in the robbery and the 68-year-old man suffered pain and discomfort to his neck and arm.
A 23-year-old man was subsequently arrested and he is currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where he is being interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious should telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws