Pensioner robbed in his Lowestoft home
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.
INVESTIGATIONS were underway today after a pensioner was attacked and robbed in his Lowestoft home.
Police are seeking witnesses after the 68-year-old man was robbed in the Weston Road area of town about 11.55am to 12.10pm yesterday (Thursday, August 13).
Various items including jewellery, clothing, a mobile phone, alcohol, cash and bank cards were stolen in the robbery and the 68-year-old man suffered pain and discomfort to his neck and arm.
A 23-year-old man was subsequently arrested and he is currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where he is being interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious should telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 2 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Delays expected for bridge works
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 8 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town