Pensioner still missing after taking coastal stroll
Police are renewing appeals for help in tracing an 83-year-old woman who went missing in Lowestoft at about 11am on Tuesday.
There have been no positive sightings of Joyce Parker since and, despite extensive searches of the coastline by officers, specially trained search teams, the Constabulary helicopter, dog units, Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue, the coastguard and local lifeboats, no trace of her has been found.
Mrs Parker, from Kettering, went missing at about 11am and was last seen heading along the beach at Pakefield towards Lowestoft.
She went to the beach with her husband, also in his 80s, but he became tired and returned to where they were staying, leaving her to continue on her walk.
Searches of the cliff top and further enquiries are being carried out today but police are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen her since 11am on Tuesday to come forward as they may have information that can help.
Although Mrs Parker is known to be mobile and capable there is increasing concern for her safety as she did not take any money or her medication with her. Without this medication she may have become confused or collapsed.
She is described as white, of small build, around 5ft2in, with short straight white hair and at the time she went missing wore a green top, green coat and dark trousers.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 3 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 6 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 9 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
Anyone who thinks they may have seen her, or anyone with information about where she is now, is asked to call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.