Pensioner still missing after taking coastal stroll
Police are renewing appeals for help in tracing an 83-year-old woman who went missing in Lowestoft at about 11am on Tuesday.
There have been no positive sightings of Joyce Parker since and, despite extensive searches of the coastline by officers, specially trained search teams, the Constabulary helicopter, dog units, Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue, the coastguard and local lifeboats, no trace of her has been found.
Mrs Parker, from Kettering, went missing at about 11am and was last seen heading along the beach at Pakefield towards Lowestoft.
She went to the beach with her husband, also in his 80s, but he became tired and returned to where they were staying, leaving her to continue on her walk.
Searches of the cliff top and further enquiries are being carried out today but police are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen her since 11am on Tuesday to come forward as they may have information that can help.
You may also want to watch:
Although Mrs Parker is known to be mobile and capable there is increasing concern for her safety as she did not take any money or her medication with her. Without this medication she may have become confused or collapsed.
She is described as white, of small build, around 5ft2in, with short straight white hair and at the time she went missing wore a green top, green coat and dark trousers.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Anyone who thinks they may have seen her, or anyone with information about where she is now, is asked to call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.